Hooray ! The allotment shop is now open once again for the season. I went down fairly early to get my potatoes and seeds - very pleased with my purchases. I bought 7 Accent potatoes (1st early), 7 Anya potatoes (2nd early), 10 Cara potatoes & 10 Desiree potatoes (both maincrop). I also got 5 free Yukon Gold potatoes (these are early potatoes too) which came with the membership.
Membership has gone up to £3 for the year but the savings on the potatoes and seeds must easily pay for that. Graham has set up a website as well for the allotment so I'm looking forward to looking at that later on tonight. I also bought Broad bean - Sutton Dwarf, Climbing French Bean - Corona D'Oro, Cucumber - Crystal Lemon, Sweetcorn - Early Sweet, Squash - Sweet Dumpling, Cauliflower - Clapton, Pea - Hurst Greenshaft, Leek - Mussleburgh, Lettuce - Tom Thumb & Parsnip - Countess. The whole lot including membership cost about £17.50 !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geez, at the rate your garden seems to grow, you must be saving heaps ... just need the snow to stop so it can warm up and let the stuff start to grow!
Post a Comment