Monday, 7 June 2010

Monday 7th June

I had the day off work today as we got back from France at the weekend. We had a lovely holiday and it wasn't so good to be back, BUT when we visited the allotment on Sunday morning it had really grown and everything was looking really well so that was nice.

This morning I spent a good couple of hours down there doing some major weeding, then I tied the tomatoes up and pinched out the bits inbetween the branches. I then planted out 2 tomato plants (Uncle Carl gave us them) into Henry's plot. I planted the climbing french beans (Corona Del'Oro) in Henry's plot. I planted a squash plant (Little Dumpling) next to the pumpkin, I also then planted out all the kohlrabi (Purple Delicacy).

Then I found a load of sticks for pea sticks and put those all in. I snipped the top off all the leeks to stop them flowering before we harvest them later this week to make leek and potato soup with !

I then gave everything a good water and noticed that a few of Henry's redcurrants had started to turn pink :-)

No comments: