Dave, Henry and I went down to the allotment to pick the remainder of the beetroot (I picked most of it yesterday and made a beetroot soup from it). We also noticed there are quite a few runner beans and the peas are coming too. We also saw some purple flowers on the dwarf green beans.
There are still no tomatoes on Henry's plant so I think they must be dry set - at least that is what it looks like from what I read in the vegetable book I have. It is still flowering so we'll have to wait and see whether anything comes from them. If not, we'll have to hope that the 3 new plants Uncle Carl gave him will flower and produce tomatoes instead !
The old Italian guy from the plot next door but on to ours was there and immdeiately struck up a conversation - luckily Dave was here as well so after a good half hour of chat and his views on the country and where it was or wasn't going, we ended up with 3 of his lettuces, and a huge pile of spinach ! He said we could raid his spinach whenever we liked which is nice.
We picked the rest of the beetroot, and a couple of courgettes as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment