
We all went down to the allotment this afternoon. Daddy levelled the area where the shed will go (hopefully next weekend). Henry and I weeded, and we also had a good look at how everything was growing. Most of the runner beans have red flowers now, apart from the small ones Uncle Carl gave us. We tied together the canes to make them climb better. The peas are looking OK, but there must be piles of mice around as most of them haven't come through (I think there is only one plant in Henry's patch). I'll sow some more tomorrow after school. One of Henry's strawberry plants does look very poorly. Dave said it looked like something had sat on it - it does just look flattened. But the others are doing well, strawberries all on, but still green. His large tomato plant is flowering, but no sign of any tomatoes yet. The second row of lettuce is coming through, so we picked some of the first row for Mummy to have for lunch at work tomorrow. We then picked our first courgette which we all shared for tea ! Henry noticed there is a yellow one on its way too ! The beetroot is looking very healthy and the carrots are still growing. The celeriac is getting bigger as well, which is pleasing as I didn't think they seemed to be doing much at all. The butternut squash don't appear to be doing very much, but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment