Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Monday 2nd June 2008

I had half a days leave today so I popped down after an early lunch to see what was happening. I found a couple more bean plants through, but they've defintely been had/nibbled by slugs, so I bought some slug pellets, and some fine mesh netting to cover some of the plants. However I had forgotten to bring any scissors and had nothing to secure it with either, so I spent the afternoon weeding, replanting the dwarf green beans (two to a hole this time as Dad had recommended in the first place). I also replanted the missing pea plants as they hopefully will now be protected by the pea sticks in place. I noticed the other pea plants had started to come through as well, so I started putting pea sticks in there too.

Other than that I watered everything, generally weeded and then added alot more bark chippings which the tree surgeon had left.

No comments: